A Lazy Sunday

Hello Out There,

Do you ever wander what makes a good father? Is it how the kids turn out? How successful they are? How loved they feel? How comfortable they are? I a not sure if there is one thing. In church today they were interviewing some "good" fathers to ring some advice out of them. I can't put my finger on it, but some things rubbed me funny. I am not saying that I doubt they are good fathers, but there were a few things that I am not sure I would do if I was a dad. That got me thinking, Will I be a good father? Looking from the calm before the storm, I say to myself, "of course, I would be." But what about when I am in it. We are cat sitting this week and I can hardly hold myself back from kicking it across the room. Maybe I am not ready yet. In fact, there is no maybe about it.

Anyway, just rambling. I know I had a great dad. And I am very thankful for that. Happy Father's Dad!

Comments

Popular Posts