Rosemary Lemon Salmon with Roasted Asparagus

                                  Rosemary Lemon Salmon with Roasted Asparagus


Just like the last two blog posts, this recipe also comes from Bob Harper's book, The Skinny Rules.  This recipe was very tasty, but I'm not sure I would rank it as high as the southwest chicken or the sweet potato and black bean burrito.  It's definitely on the lighter side and I should probably say that I was only full because Tom and I doubled up on the asparagus.  This is the kind of recipe that might be good if you've had a big lunch or as a late dinner if you're not looking for something too heavy.  I think next time I'll probably make this with some brown rice as well.  In addition to that small modification, Tom and I agreed that next time we'll bake the salmon and asparagus on two separate cookie sheets. Bob's recipe has you putting the fish on top of the asparagus, but when we ate the asparagus it tasted a little too "fishy" for our liking.  Other than these two modifications, the meal was very flavorful and delicious.  I hope you will enjoy!  Oh, and remember....this recipe is only for one serving so be sure to multiply it accordingly. :)

INGREDIENTS
6 large asparagus spears (Tom and I doubled up on this)
Olive oil spray
freshly ground black pepper
4 ounces wild salmon, deboned
1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 sprig of fresh rosemary (Tom and I used dried rosemary- it seemed to work just as good)
2 lemon slices

DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cover a baking sheet with foil.
2. Cut the woody ends off the asparagus (about 1 inch from the bottom) and place the spears on the baking sheet. Coat with olive oil spray. Sprinkle a dash of black pepper over the asparagus and toss. Line up the spears in a single layer.
3. Place the salmon on top of the asparagus. Drizzle with lemon juice. Place the rosemary sprig on the salmon and top with the lemon slices.
4. Roast for 12 to 15 minutes, until the salmon is flaky and the asparagus is deep green.


NUTRITION INFORMATION
237 calories, 31g protein, 7g carbs, 9g fat

Comments

Popular Posts