Snicker's Ice Cream Cake

This is NOT a diet food.  It was my beautiful wife's birthday, so thought I would surprise her with two of her favorite things put together - Snicker's and Ice Cream Cake!  What is a birthday without cake anyway!  So I didn't use a recipe for this.  The basic set-up is this.  I used a loaf pan and lined it with parchment paper and then added the softened ice cream layered with goodies.  Then froze and when we were ready flipped the pan over and peeled the paper off.  It worked pretty well.  For my goodie layers I used Mini Snicker's cut into little pieces, graham cracker crumbs mixed with some melted butter, caramel sauce, and chocolate syrup.  Like I said it worked pretty well.  I just used the chocolate and caramel sauce out of the squeeze bottle and they didn't really freeze.  Everything still worked OK, but those layers kind of gushed out when we cut into it.  If I do it again I might splurge for the thicker kinds of sauces in the jars or better yet make my own.

Happy Birthday, to the most wonderful woman in the world!

Comments

Popular Posts