One Pot Chicken Pasta with a Kick


Here is another one from the Belly-Off Diet.  It was pretty easy, nice and fresh tasting.  I don't know if I care too much about the one-pot part of it.  I guess people like that because there is less clean up.  But it annoys me to be transferring things in and out, then back into the same pan.  So that is my only complaint.  The lemon added something and as the title suggests there was a kick!  I think we will do this again.  A good healthy pasta dish.

The recipe is for one person, just so you know.

Directions

1.
Chop the chicken into 1" chunks.
2.
Boil salted water in a large pot and cook the penne according to the package directions. During the last 2 minutes of cooking, add the chicken chunks. Drain the pasta and chicken, but save 1/4 cup of the water. Return the chicken and pasta to the original pot.
3.
Add the diced tomato, tomato paste, garlic, spinach, and red pepper flakes.
4.
Cook over medium heat, tossing until the spinach wilts. Season with salt. Remove from the heat.
5.
Stir in the reserved pasta water and lemon juice, which will create a light sauce.

Comments

Popular Posts