Spicy Sea Bass (or in this case Cod)



So here is another one from the Belly-Off Diet.  We both really enjoyed this.  The tomatoes had quite a kick, more than I expected anyway.  It had nice heat in my opinion.   Enough to get you nose running!  The tomato sauce mixture was nice and acidic, which I thought balanced with the fish nicely.  We used Cod because it is what we could find at the grocery store and it worked out well.  We will do this one again!  

One modification I made, was I crushed up the tomatoes in the pan just because I thought I would have a hard time with the whole tomato.  It also seemed to me to be hard to eat if I had left the tomatoes whole.  So you could probably skip the crushing on your own by just buying a can of diced tomatoes.

Ingredients:
·         1/2 TABLESPOON OLIVE OIL
·         SALT AND PEPPER
·         1/2 CUP WHITE WINE
·         1 SMALL ONION, SLICED
·         2 CLOVES GARLIC, MINCED
·         1 TEASPOON CRUSHED RED PEPPER

Directions
1.     Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil.
2.     Season the fish with salt and pepper. When the oil is hot, add the fillets flesh side down and cook for 3 minutes, until a crust has formed. Remove the fish from the pan and set aside.
3.     Add the wine and onion to the pan and cook for 3 minutes. Add the olives, tomatoes, garlic, and red pepper and cook for another 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
4.     Return the fish to the pan. Baste the fillets with the simmering tomato sauce. Cook until the flesh flakes with gentle pressure from your finger (5 to 7 minutes).

Comments

Popular Posts