Dead Alive Review



So, I know, I know. Mindless, but man I could not get enough. All of you who know me know how much I like horror films, but this one kind of blew me away. I have to watch it twice to try to figure out all the disgusting, but brilliant, zombie antics. The movie starts are bit slow, but the little romance between the two main characters is cute. This is not one of film's greatest romances, but there was enough "awww" moments to at least get Julie to not walk right out. Now as the movie progresses, there is no hope for the squeamish, but I was impressed by the creativity of the gore. The movie does a great job of mixing humor with all the gore so you don't take it to seriously, which is really important because there is blood. And when I say blood, I mean BLOOD! Once this movie gets going there is no stopping it. I though it was a well done, fun to watch, horror movie. Now, I do have a few gripes. The story is a bit bare bones: evil rat-monkey bites evil women, this leads to zombies? Well, it is not Pulitzer, but the plot is more a vehicle to get to some of the coolest zombie movie moments ever created. So, I can deal with a lackluster story.

Bottom line: If you like blood, if you like comedy and aren't afraid to mix the two, you will not be disappointed. On the other hand, those with a weak stomach, you might want to stay aware from this movie like it was a cursed Rat-Monkey.

4.5 out of 5 stars

Comments

Popular Posts