The Melting Pot


So those of you that know me already know how I feel about The Melting Pot, but for those of you who don't here is my quick and dirty take on dining out at The Melting Pot. Yes, it is good to get good food at a good price, but there is also something to be said for having a good experience. To me there is value in that experience. Whether it is good service and a original or unusual menu ( in this case fondue), I think it is well worth my money to have one of these experiences. If all that mattered was good food at a good price, I would be eating at CiCi's pizza every night.

All joking aside, the biggest gripe anyone ever has about The Melting Pot (me included) is the price. Yes, it is very expensive, but where else are you going to get fondue at a restaurant. The quality was, as always, superb. The meats are very tasty, well marinated, and different enough for you to know what kind of meat you are eating. The Cheese course was what was expected, which does not by any means mean that it was not awesome! And the Chocolate leaves you trying to stuff every last morsel of food you can into your body. An unsung hero of The Melting Pot's menu are it's salads, which you are lead to believe are a bit of a filler. Don't be fooled, they are all very lovely and actually some of the best and most interesting salads I've ever had.

The service was a bit slow, which I guess was related to the Holiday business. But it did take us a good 3 hours to get through all 4 courses.

The thing about The Melting Pot is this. Either you love it and think the experience is worth it or you hate it and think it is overpriced. I am in the love it category. I just think you can't go wrong with the Melting Pot for a big night out. As a waiter at The Melting Pot put it to me one time, "This is not the place to take someone you are not willing to sit and talk with for a couple hours and enjoy some time together." That is exactly it. My wife, Sister-in-Law, Mother-in-Law, and I had a wonderful time that we won't soon forget based around a meal that was hugely satisfying and fun for us all to participate in, and to me that is money well spent.

4.5 out of 5 stars

Comments

Popular Posts