Apple Cinnamon Coffee Cake

Hello blog friends!

My favorite season is fall, and nothing is more fall to me than drinking pumpkin spiced lattes and apple cider and eating lots of delicious apple and pumpkin treats.  Because I had already tried my hand at some pumpkin muffins, I thought it would be fun to make something with apples in it.  Tom and I are both not huge breakfast people, but I do enjoy the sweeter side of breakfast. :)   We ended up having Tom's brother and fiance here last weekend, so I decided to make something with apples that could go along with eggs and be a good breakfast treat.  I found the recipe online after looking at several crumb cake recipes. This was very easy and didn't take very much time at all preparing.  As you'll see from the directions below, there were only a few steps and easy to follow.  I enjoyed the apple chunks and the moistness from the crumb cake.   I hope you'll give it a try and enjoy it this fall!






Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 30 min
Ingredients
  • 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • egg, beaten
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 1/2 peeled, chopped apples
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 2 tablespoons butter
Instructions
  1. Sift first four ingredients. Combine egg, milk, melted butter and apples. Add to dry ingredients and stir only enough to moisten.
     
  2. Turn into greased 8-inch square pan.
     
  3. Mix dry ingredients for topping, cut in butter and sprinkle over batter.
     
  4. Bake at 400 degrees F until a skewer inserted in center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.

Comments

Popular Posts