Peach-Blueberry Crumble Tart

Hi Blog Friends!





Here is another sweet and easy recipe to do at home!  I found it in one of our "Taste of Home" magazines.  As a side note, I love this magazine!!  The recipes always turn out well (even with my minimal cooking skills, haha) and they're always so easy to do.  I almost always have all the ingredients I need, and if I don't, they are usually inexpensive and ones that I can use again for other recipes.  Okay, this recipe calls for a tart pan, but unfortunately I couldn't seem to find mine.  Even thinking I have put all of my kitchenware in an organized place in the kitchen, there are still things I'm missing!  So, instead of tearing down the kitchen to find it, I just used a regular old pie pan, and it turned out just as delicious!  I made this one of the evenings my brother and sister came over.  We made dinner together and this was our dessert.  As my sister put it best, "It's a very warm and fall type of dessert."  It calls for frozen blueberries and peaches so buying them in season didn't matter.  My brother and Tom commented on how good the crust was too.  Again, I'm all about simplicity, and this is another easy but delicious dessert!





  • Prep: 30 min. + cooling Bake: 35 min.
  • Yield: 12 Servings
303565

Ingredients

  • 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 2 cups frozen unsweetened blueberries, thawed
  • 2 cups frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • CRUMB TOPPING:
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
  • 1/4 cup chopped pecans
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted

Directions

  • In a small bowl, mix the flour, sugar and cinnamon; stir in butter just until blended. Press onto the bottom and up the side of a 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
  • In a large bowl, combine the blueberries, peaches and honey; toss to coat. In a small bowl, combine the first five topping ingredients; stir in butter.
  • Spoon fruit mixture into crust; sprinkle with topping. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack for at least 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.

Comments

Popular Posts